Our Master's program in Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems is designed as an English speaking full-time study course with a duration of 3 semesters, always starting in the winter semester. All lectures, laboratory courses and practical exercises take place at the RWU Campus in Weingarten. Currently we are offering 30 places per year. This course is dedicated to EU and non-EU citizens as well as to German students.
In order to qualify for our Master's Program, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in the field of electrical engineering, electronics, computer science or any other related field of study with a final grade of at least 2,5 (German grading system) and 210 ECTS (corresponding to a 4-year full-time study program). Graduates with only 180 ECTS have to meet additional requirements.
Applicants who have not obtained their Bachelor‘s Degree yet will be ranked according to their penultimate/ 7th semester CGPA - 6th semester transcripts only are not accepted!
- Proven English skills: TOEFL (iBT with a total score of at least 70 out of 120) or IELTS (with a minimum overall band score of 6.0) - Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
- Proven knowledge of VHDL/ Verilog
- Proven knowledge of a Programming Language e.g. C
- Very good Mathematic skills
Admission Requirements - Bonus
The overall grade can be improved by up to 0,8 (German grading system) for:
- Proven relevant work experience of at least 2 years
- Published research paper in the field of electrical engineering
- Provided GRE exam with a score of at least 161 in Quantitative Reasoning
- Proven knowledge of a programming language in: C, C++, Rust, MATLAB or Julia
ETS institution codes
- our TOEFL code is 8442
- our GRE code is 8442
- the GRE - Department code for Elec. Engineering is 1299
Our 30 available places are awarded to a ranking list, the applicant's place is based on his/ her overall grade.
Application for the next winter intake 2023 will be possible from ~ February 01 - April 15, 2023.
The deadlines are cut-off periods. Please note, that your application can only be considered, if your original and complete application documents are received in due time at the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences.
For your application RWU provides an online-application tool, available from February 01 onwards. Please visit our online-application-portal and follow the menu, which is providing further information:
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Original signed Application Form
- Certified Copy of your final or provisional Bachelor’s Degree in English or German *
- Certified Copy of your final or penultimate Academic Transcripts, including your university’s grading system *
- Normal Copy of your Higher Secondary Education Certificate
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL iBT, IELTS) - not older than 2 years! Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Normal Copy of your Passport (for the verification of names, date of birth and place of birth)
- Motivation Letter/ Statement of Purpose (Why do you intend to study Electrical Eng. & Embedded Systems at the RWU?)
- If not included in your transcript: additional proof of Knowledge of VHDL/ Verilog
- If not included in your transcript: proof of Knowledge of a Programming Language (e.g. C)
- If applicable: Applicants from India, China or Vietnam: Normal Copy of APS Certificate
- If applicable: German Language Certificate
- If applicable: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Score Report
- If applicable: Recommendation Letters (Proof of relevant Work Experience)
- If applicable: Publications (Proof of Professional/ Research Activities)
*normal copies of certified copies are not accepted
and send them to the following postal address:
Studierenden-Service H 022
Frau Fabienne Damasch
ADMINISTRATION & TUITION FEE
Each semester, all students are required to pay an administration/ semester fee. It is due upon enrolment or at any re-registration for the following semester.
In Baden-Württemberg, international students (non-EU citizens) and students who are taking up a second degree also have to pay a tuition fee since the winter semester 2017/2018. The tuition fee must be paid together with semester fee.
The exact amount of fees and more detailed information about payment, exemptions and scholarships can be found under Finances.
Department of Student Affairs
Ms Fabienne Damasch
Phone: + 49 751 501-9569
Please also take a look at our International Office Website for further information about:
- Visa & Residence Title
- Accomodation & Housing
- Arrival, Welcome & Orientation Program
- Buddy Program, Brother & Sister Program
- Excursions & Events
- Peer-to-peer counseling
- German Language Courses
- Financing & Scholarships
- German Health Insurance
- German Bank Accounts
India Relation Office
Let's bridge IT
Iris Becker M.A.
9th Floor, Sunit Capital
Senapati Bapat Road
Mobile India +91 7378530550
Office Pune +91 75 078 2 70 33
Personal consulting by appointment only.
In the framework of the application procedure, you are free to contact Let's bridge IT. The use of the Let's bridge IT services is voluntary and will have no effect on your chances of being admitted.