Skip to main content

Courses and Application


Our RWU offers German-speaking, bilingual and English-speaking study programs.

All courses are taught in German, with the following exceptions:

Applicants who are interested in one of the above mentioned study programs, have to provide a valid English Language Certificate.



Depending on the study program, applicants have to register with first (German-speaking study programs) or can directly apply at our RWU (bilingual and English-speaking study programs). 

Further information is provided on our Application Info Website.  



Proof of German Language Proficiency

International applicants who are interested in a German-speaking Bachelor's or Master's program, have to prove adequate Germang Language skills. Accepted proof of German Language proficiency:

  • DSH Test: min. DSH2
  • TestDaF: average of at least TDN 4, with no individual grade below TDN 3
  • German Language Diploma from the Conference of State Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (DSD): Level 2
  • Telc Deutsch: C1
  • Goethe-Zertifikat: C1


Proof of English Language Proficiency

Applicants who are interested in a bilingual or English-speaking Bachelor's or Master's program, have to prove adequate English Language skills. Accepted proof of English Language proficiency:

  • TOEFL iBT: a total score of min. 70 out of 120
  •  IELTS: an overall band score of min. 6.0
  • or equivalent certificates of an Englisch B2 Level may also be accepted on a case-by-case basis


Recognition of Foreign University Entrance Qualification

Applicants from a non-EU country who are interested in a German-language study program, must contact the Studienkolleg in Konstanz. The main task of this institution is the evaluation of foreign certificates and thus to decide whether an applicant is qualified (eligible) to study at a university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) in Baden-Württemberg or not.

If the foreign applicant's qualifications are recognized, the Studienkolleg translates the applicant's final grade from their home country to the German grading system and issues a certificate entitling the holder to admission to higher education. This certificate must be submitted together with the other application documents to the university where the applicant wishes to study.

If the Studienkolleg examines the educational documents from your home country and concludes that you do not yet qualify to study at a university of applied sciences in Baden-Württemberg, you will then have to take an admissions test. If you pass the test you will be admitted to the Studienkolleg, where you will spend two semesters preparing to study at a German university. At the end of the Studienkolleg program there is an examination ("Feststellungsprüfung" in German) which you must pass before being permitted to study in Germany. The Studienkolleg is free of charge.

At RWU  8% of each study programs' admissions are reserved for students from non-EU countries.


Further questions about the admission process? Contact: Fabienne Damasch, Admission Office