The program is designed as a full-time study course with a duration of 7 semesters, always starting in the summer semester (beginning of March). Offered are a regular model RdW and a special model M. The regular model is a bilingual program. The course language is English (semesters 1-4) and later German (semesters 5-7). Compulsory German language courses prepare the students for the lectures in German and are free of extra charge. The special model M is in cooperation with the Penang Skills Development Centre and companies in Malaysia and can be studied in English language. The course is dedicated to EU and non-EU citizens as well as to German students. In order to qualify for our Bachelor's Program, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification equivalent to a German University Entrance Qualification *
- Very good Mathematic skills and good knowledge in any other science subjects (physics, computer science, etc.)
- Proven English skills: TOEFL (iBT with a total score of at least 70 out of 120) or IELTS (with a minimum overall band score of 6.0) - Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
* Is your UEQ recognized here in Germany? Please contact the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg (Link Studienkolleg Konstanz), if your University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) is equivalent to our German University Entrance Qualification. Furthermore, you will have to get an official recognition of your UEQ by this center before applying to our RWU.
Application for the summer intake 2022 will be possible from ~ December 01, 2021 - January 15, 2022.
The deadlines are cut-off periods. Please note, that your application can only be considered, if your original and complete application documents are received in due time at the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences.
For your application RWU provides an online-application tool, available from December 01 onwards. Please visit our online-application-portal and follow the menu, which is providing further information:
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Signed Application Form
- Official Recognition of your UEQ by Studienkolleg Konstanz
- A normal Copy of your Higher Education Entrance Qualification and your Transcript of Records (including the grading system), plus an official translation into English or German
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) - not older than 2 years! Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
- Normal Copy of your Passport
- Motivation Letter/ Statement of Purpose (Why do you intend to study this study program at the RWU?)
- If applicable: Sponsorship Agreement with one of the cooperating companies
- If applicable: German Language Certificate
- If applicable: Proof of professional Work Experience
- If applicable: Certified Copy of your academic transcript from previous studies
- If available: Recommendation Letters
And send your documents to the following address:
Studierenden-Service H 022
Frau Fabienne Damasch
Further Program Information
Regular Model RdW: The course language is English (semesters 1-4) and later German (semesters 4-7). Compulsory German language courses prepare the students for the German lectures and are free of extra charge.
Special Model M: The course language is English.
GERMAN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Language proficiency in German is not required to meet the eligibility criteria of this bilingual study program.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Since the course language for the first two years is English, a minimum requirement to the certificate of English is
- for TOEFL iBT a total score of at least 70 out of 120
- for IELTS an overall band score of at least 6.0
Our Toefl Code is 8442
ADMINISTRATION & TUITION FEE
Each semester, all students are required to pay an administration/ semester fee. It is due upon enrolment or at any re-registration for the following semester.
In Baden-Württemberg, international students (non-EU citizens) and students who are taking up a second degree also have to pay a tuition fee since the winter semester 2017/2018. The tuition fee must be paid together with semester fee.
The exact amount of fees and more detailed information about payment, exemptions and scholarships can be found under Finances.
Department of Student Affairs
Ms Fabienne Damasch
Phone: + 49 751 501-9569
Fax: + 49 751 501-9874
Please also take a look at our International Office Website for further information about:
- Visa & Residence Title
- Accomodation & Housing
- Arrival, Welcome & Orientation Program
- Buddy Program, Brother & Sister Program
- Excursions & Events
- German Language Courses
- Financing & Scholarships
- German Health Insurance
- German Bank Accounts