The aim of engineering education is to develop engineers with high professional competence. In eleven laboratories in our faculty, training according to the most modern standards is guaranteed - practical, individual, high-quality and future-oriented.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is one of the founding faculties of the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences. It offers a qualified education in four Bachelor courses and two Master courses.
The trade teacher course "Automotive engineering PLUS teaching post" completes the spectrum of the faculty with a didactic/pedagogical component.
Currently there are about 600 students enrolled at the faculty. Eleven laboratories guarantee a modern and practical education. The teaching is practice- and project-oriented. An outstanding project is the development and production of a Formula Student racing car.
The aim of engineering education at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is to develop engineers with high professional competence. Through their studies, they should acquire a broad engineering foundation with exemplary practice-oriented specialisation. The course is
- is practical, individual, high-quality and future-oriented
- Enables the development of sustainable technical solutions and ensures the ability to communicate with neighbouring disciplines and the natural sciences in addition to specialist scientific skills.
- includes the basic knowledge of economics and social sciences
- enables ability to work in a team, but also assertiveness, moral sense of responsibility and ability to reflect
- includes not only the pure transfer of knowledge, but also personality development
Our communication is characterized by
- Collegiality, team spirit and respectful interaction
- objective and appreciative discussion
Our cooperation includes the following indispensable components
- the proximity of students to their lecturers
- mutual help and trust
- intensive cooperation with other faculties, educational institutions and companies
Our region is our focus.
- support the regional, often internationally active companies
- are locally rooted, but demand and promote international experience
We see our further development as a social and economic responsibility. This
- means a continuous development of the faculty, the members of the faculty as well as their institutions
- represents a joint task in which each member actively assumes responsibility
Automotive Engineering PLUS Teaching Post
Energy and Environmental Engineering
Mechanical Engineering / Automotive Engineering (academic studies and integrated apprenticeship)
Mechanical Engineering/ International Project Engineering (international variant)
The future in focus
Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences (RWU) is offering new, future-oriented study options in mechanical engineering: Engineering Design, Mobility Design and International Project Engineering.
Contact & People
Contact & People
General contact details
|Opening hours||Monday to Friday from 9:00-11:45 am|
Building H, Main building
RWU Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten
University of Applied Sciences
Faculty for Mechanical Engineering
P.O. Box 30 22