The aim of engineering education is to develop engineers with high professional competence. In eleven laboratories, our faculty ensures education according to the most modern standards - practical, individual, high-quality and future-oriented.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is one of the founding faculties of Ravensburg-Weingarten University. It offers qualified education in four Bachelor's degree programs and two Master's degree programs.
Through the trade teacher study program Automotive Engineering PLUS Teaching Post, the spectrum of the faculty is supplemented by a didactic/pedagogical component.
Currently, about 600 students are enrolled at the faculty. Eleven laboratories ensure a modern and practical education. Teaching is practice- and project-oriented. An outstanding project is the development and production of a Formula Student racing car.
Our mission statement
The goal of engineering education at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is to develop engineers with a high level of professional competence. Through their studies, they should acquire a broad foundation in engineering science with exemplary practice-oriented specialization. The study program is
- is practical, individual, high-quality and future-oriented
- enables the development of sustainable technical solutions and ensures communication skills with neighboring disciplines and the natural sciences in addition to specialist scientific skills
- includes the basic knowledge of economics and social sciences
- enables the ability to work in a team, as well as assertiveness, a sense of moral responsibility and the ability to reflect
- includes not only the pure transfer of knowledge, but also the formation of personality
Our communication is characterized by
- collegiality, team spirit and respectful interaction
- objective and appreciative discussion
Our cooperation includes as indispensable components
- the closeness of the students to their lecturers
- mutual help and mutual trust
- intensive cooperation with other faculties, educational institutions and companies
Our region is at the center of everything we do.
- support regional, often internationally active companies
- are locally rooted, but demand and promote international experience
We see our further development as a social and economic responsibility. This
- means a constant further development of the faculty, the members of the faculty as well as their facilities
- represents a joint task in which each member takes active responsibility
Stage victory: graduation
At the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Ravensburg-Weingarten University, 83 graduates celebrated the successful completion of their studies.
TOX Award 2022
Innovative master thesis awarded
Lorenz Heinz received the TOX-Applied Engineering Award for his master thesis "Systematic investigation of cooling structures in water-cooled electrical machines".
Contact & People
General contact details
|Opening hours||Monday - Friday from 9:00-11:45 a.m.|
Building H (main building)
RWU Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten
University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
P.O. Box 30 22