Our Master's program in Mechatronics is designed as an English speaking full-time study course with a duration of 3 semesters, always starting in the winter semester. All lectures, laboratory courses and practical exercises take place at the RWU Campus in Weingarten. Currently we are offering 30 places per year. This course is dedicated to EU and non-EU citizens as well as to German students.
In order to qualify for our Master's Program, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- A completed Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study or natural sciences with a final grade of at least 2,5 (German grading system) and 210 ECTS.
Graduates with only 180 ECTS have to meet additional requirements.
Applicants who have not obtained their Bachelor‘s Degree yet will be ranked according to their current GPA.
- Proven English skills: TOEFL (internet based exam of at least 70 out of 120), IELTS (with a minimum score of 6.0) or Cambridge (CPE/CAE)
- Very good Mathematic skills
Admission Requirements - Bonus
The overall grade can be improved by up to 0,6 (German grading system) for:
- Proven relevant work experience or research in the field of mechatronics of at least one year
- Provided GRE exam with a score of at least 161 in Quantitative Reasoning.
ETS institution codes
- our TOEFL code is 8442
- our GRE code is 8442
- the GRE - Department code for Mechatronics is 5199 (any department not listed)
Our 30 available places will be awarded according to an internal ranking list.
! Short Key Fact: These last years each application period we have received more than 700 applications for our program.
So please consider your application carefully and only send us your application, if you meet our current admission requirements.
Application for the next winter intake 2021 will be possible from approx. February - April 15, 2021.
The deadlines are cut-off periods. Please note, that your application can only be considered, if the original application documents are received in due time at the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences.
For your application RWU provides an online-application tool. Please visit the online-application-portal and follow the menu, which is providing further information:
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Signed Application Form
- Certified Copy of your Bachelor’s Degree (plus a certified translation into English or German)
- Certified Copy of your Academic Transcript (including your grading system)
- Normal Copy of your Higher Secondary Education Certificate (plus a certified translation into English or German)
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge CPE/ CAE)
- Normal Copy of your Passport
- Motivation Letter/ Statement of Purpose (Why do you intend to study Mechatronics at the RWU?)
- If applicable: GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- If applicable: short summary of your Bachelor’s Thesis
- If available: Recommendation Letters (max. 2 letters)
- If available: Proof of Professional/ Research Activities
And send your documents to the following address:
Studierenden-Service H 022
Frau Fabienne Damasch
Each semester all students are required to pay an administration fee. It is due upon enrolment or at any re-registration for a following semester.
Tuition fees for international students or for a second degree
In Baden-Württemberg, international students (non-EU citizens) and students who are taking up a second degree have to pay a tuition fee since the winter semester 2017/2018. The tuition fee must be paid each semester in addition to the administration fee.
In some cases there are exception from the obligation to pay tuition fees. Before enrolment, applicants from non-EU countries or applicants for a second degree course will receive a form to assess whether the obligation to pay tuition fees actually applies to them or not.
The fees for the first semester have to be paid from abroad before enrolment, but after your visa approval.
The exact amount of fees and more detailed information can be found under Finances.
Please note, that the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences does not award any scholarships. For further information about scholarships, please also visit our Finances Website.
Department of Student Affairs
Ms Fabienne Damasch
Phone: + 49 751 501-9569
Fax: + 49 751 501-9874
Please also take a look at our International Office Website for further information about:
- Visa & Arrival
- Accomodation & Housing
- Insurances & Financing
- German Language Courses
- Welcome & Orientation Week
- Working in Germany
India Relation Office
Let's bridge IT
Iris Becker M.A.
9th Floor, Sunit Capital
Senapati Bapat Road
Mobile India +91 7378530550
Office Pune +91 75 078 2 70 33
Personal consulting by appointment only.
In the framework of the application procedure, you are free to contact Let's bridge IT. The use of the Let's bridge IT services is voluntary and will have no effect on your chances of being admitted.