Application to Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems – Master Study program starting in September 2020
Start of application period: 7 February 2020
Please follow the online application instructions:
- You register in the RWU application portal and apply for the study program Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems – you can apply for one study program only.
- You print out the application form, sign it and submit all documents by post/mail (hard copies). Your application documents must be received by 15 April 2020 at the latest.
- signed application form
- publicly certified photocopy of your bachelor’s degree in English or German
- publicly certified photocopy of your academic transcripts including grading system
- English certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge CPE/CAE)
required minimum scores :Toefl iBT 70 or IELTS overall band score 6.0
- Proof of knowledge of VHDL/Verilog - if not included in your transcript
- Proof of knowledge of an object-oriented programming language - if not included in your transcript
- graduate record examination (GRE) (if applicable, not compulsory)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of purpose (Why do you intend to study Embedded Systems in Weingarten?)
- Short summary of the bachelor thesis from your first degree (not compulsory)
- recommendation letters (if available - not compulsory)
- proof of your professional/research activities (if available)
- passport copy
- Higher secondary certificate (not attested copy sufficient)
ETS institution codes
- our TOEFL code is 8442
- our GRE code is 8442
- the GRE - Department code for Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems is 1299 or 5199 (any department not listed)
How to check your status in the application portal
- When the documents of your application (hard copies) are delivered at the admission office we change the status of your application from
→ “electronically received” to → request status: “in process”.
- After processing the application we set the “request status” to
→ “valid” – if the application fulfils the eligibility criteria and can be included in the selection.
- This will be the status of your application until we announce the results through the application portal (approx. end of May or first week of June).
- Please log-in regularly to the application-portal to check your status or any message related to your application.
Address and Contact
Please send your documents to the following mailing address:
Frau Lucia Mengis
Phone: + 49 751 501-9566
Admission statutes (currently under review)
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Automation or Power Engineering with a final grade of at least 2,5 (German grading system) and 210 ECTS credits
- English certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
Our university does not charge any application fees. These are the fees of enrolled students:
Each semester all students are required to pay an administration fee. It is due upon enrolment or at any re-registration for a following semester.
Tuition fees for international students or for a second degree
In Baden-Württemberg, international students (non-EU citizens) and students who are taking up a second degree have to pay a tuition fee since the winter semester 2017/2018. The tuition fee must be paid each semester in addition to the administration fee.
In some cases there are exception from the obligation to pay tuition fees. Before enrolment, applicants from non-EU countries or applicants for a second degree course will receive a form to assess whether the obligation to pay tuition fees actually applies.
The fees for the first semester have to be paid from abroad before enrolment, but after your visa approval.
The amount of the fees and detailed information can be found under Finances.