At a glance
At a glance
International Project Engineering (EN)
- International study variant of mechanical engineering
- Regular model is a bilingual course, English spoken the first four semesters, German spoken the last three
- Special model in cooperation with the Penang Skills Development Centre and companies in Malaysia can be studied in English language (Model M)
- starting every summer semester
Hier geht es zum deutschsprachigen Studiengang Maschinenbau DE.
You want to develop and improve production systems in an international environment? You want to combine a well-founded German education in mechanical engineering with current knowledge concerning digital production and industry 4.0 as well as skills for international project management and communication?
The study direction „International Project Engineering“ of the study course „Mechanical Engineering“ offers a unique combination of engineering skills with management abilities, digital production capacities and international communication qualification, which are an important aspect of modern industrial and engineering practice. The graduates of the course will be able to deal with complex issues in the field of digital production and have the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment requiring these aspects.
After successfully completing your studies, you will graduate with the internationally recognized Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) degree.
During the basic study period (first three semesters), students will learn the basic principles of mechanical engineering. After that, in the main study period, they expand their knowledge in engineering and management topics and deepen their knowledge by choosing suitable electives.
The fifth semester is a practical semester in a partner company in Germany for international students; in non-German speaking countries for German students. Usually the bachelor theses will be elaborated in connection with a partner company in Germany for international students; in non-German speaking countries for German students.
All compulsory lectures in the first four semesters are held in English (except for “Introduction production technology” – taught bilingually (German/English) and “Deutsch als Fremdsprache Level B2”). German language skills are acquired during the time at RWU. In the sixth semester, the main medium of instruction is German.
Special model in cooperation with the Penang Skills Development Centre and companies in Malaysia (Model M)
During the first two semesters, students will learn the basic principles of mechanical engineering. The third semester is a practical semester to be conducted in Malaysia with the chosen partner company and the fourth semester takes place in the Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC) for the courses related to digital production and Industry 4.0.
In the fifth and sixth semester, students will focus on enhancing their knowledge in engineering and management topics and deepen their knowledge by choosing suitable electives.
In the seventh semester, the students will conduct their bachelor thesis project with the partner company in Malaysia.
Students who complete this seven semesters study program will receive the internationally recognized Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) degree issued by the University.
All compulsory lectures will be taught in English except for “Introduction production technology” and “Deutsch als Fremdsprache Level B2”. The subject “Introduction production technology” will be taught bilingually (German/English) and for “Deutsch als Fremdsprache Level B2” no initial skills in German are required.
German language skills are acquired during the time at RWU.
The program is designed as a full-time study course with a duration of 7 semesters, always starting in the summer semester (beginning of March). Offered are a regular model RdW and a special model M. The regular model is a bilingual program. The course language is English (semesters 1-4) and later German (semesters 5-7). Compulsory German language courses prepare the students for the lectures in German and are free of extra charge. The special model M is in cooperation with the Penang Skills Development Centre and companies in Malaysia and can be studied in English language. The course is dedicated to EU and non-EU citizens as well as to German students. In order to qualify for our Bachelor's Program, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification equivalent to a German University Entrance Qualification *
- Very good Mathematic skills and good knowledge in any other science subjects (physics, computer science, etc.)
- Proven English skills: TOEFL (iBT with a total score of at least 70 out of 120) or IELTS (with a minimum overall band score of 6.0) - Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
* Is your UEQ recognized here in Germany? Please contact the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg (Link Studienkolleg Konstanz), if your University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) is equivalent to our German University Entrance Qualification. Furthermore, you will have to get an official recognition of your UEQ by this center before applying to our RWU.
Application for the summer intake 2023 will be possible from ~ December 01, 2022 - January 15, 2023.
The deadlines are cut-off periods. Please note, that your application can only be considered, if your original and complete application documents are received in due time at the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences.
For your application RWU provides an online-application tool, available from December 01 onwards. Please visit our online-application-portal and follow the menu, which is providing further information:
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Signed Application Form
- Official Recognition of your UEQ by Studienkolleg Konstanz
- A normal Copy of your Higher Education Entrance Qualification and your Transcript of Records (including the grading system), plus an official translation into English or German
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) - not older than 2 years! Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
- Normal Copy of your Passport
- Motivation Letter/ Statement of Purpose (Why do you intend to study this study program at the RWU?)
- If applicable: Sponsorship Agreement with one of the cooperating companies
- If applicable: German Language Certificate
- If applicable: Proof of professional Work Experience
- If applicable: Certified Copy of your academic transcript from previous studies
- If available: Recommendation Letters
And send your documents to the following address:
Studierenden-Service H 022
Frau Fabienne Damasch
Further Program Information
Regular Model RdW: The course language is English (semesters 1-4) and later German (semesters 4-7). Compulsory German language courses prepare the students for the German lectures and are free of extra charge.
Special Model M: The course language is English.
GERMAN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Language proficiency in German is not required to meet the eligibility criteria of this bilingual study program.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Since the course language for the first two years is English, a minimum requirement to the certificate of English is
- for TOEFL iBT a total score of at least 70 out of 120
- for IELTS an overall band score of at least 6.0
Our Toefl Code is 8442
ADMINISTRATION & TUITION FEE
Each semester, all students are required to pay an administration/ semester fee. It is due upon enrolment or at any re-registration for the following semester.
In Baden-Württemberg, international students (non-EU citizens) and students who are taking up a second degree also have to pay a tuition fee since the winter semester 2017/2018. The tuition fee must be paid together with semester fee.
The exact amount of fees and more detailed information about payment, exemptions and scholarships can be found under Finances.
Department of Student Affairs
Ms Fabienne Damasch
Phone: + 49 751 501-9569
Please also take a look at our International Office Website for further information about:
- Visa & Residence Title
- Accomodation & Housing
- Arrival, Welcome & Orientation Program
- Buddy Program, Brother & Sister Program
- Excursions & Events
- Peer-to-peer counseling
- German Language Courses
- Financing & Scholarships
- German Health Insurance
- German Bank Accounts
The future in focus
Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences (RWU) is offering new, future-oriented study options in mechanical engineering: Engineering Design, Mobility Design and International Project Engineering.
You prefer a „hands-on” approach over a theoretical one? You rather enjoy working in small groups, than being part of the big unknown?
- Our RWU has a long history of practical experience, starting back in 1964 with our faculty in Mechanical Engineering & Physical Engineering. The study programs at our Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences are characterized by practical training and numerous projects in modern, well-equipped laboratories. Students study in small groups, individually supervised by a team of highly qualified professors and assistants. Nearby dormitories and many leisure activities in the attractive landscape of Upper Swabia, close to the Lake of Constance and the Alps offer an excellent environment and the best conditions for studying, working and of course: living.
- The unique strength of our RWU’s academic life lies in practice: Research, Knowledge and Technology Transfer. The research of today is the future of tomorrow. Our courses are application-oriented and prepare students for demanding technical tasks as well as challenging leadership roles. We put the results of our research into practice, advising and supporting organizations in their research and development projects. Interested in our latest research topics? Link: https://forschung.rwu.de/en
- For more than 30 years now our RWU offers English-speaking study programs and can look back to a very successful development of international study programs. Our International Office is well-known among international students and can draw upon years of knowledge and experience in all topics related to living & studying here in Weingarten. Furthermore, we also care about each and everyone’s individual study success: supporting our students in their academic questions by offering a peer-to-peer approach. If you are interested in learning more about or special Orientation & Welcome Week, offered Excursions & Events, as well as Buddy Programs, take a look at: https://www.rwu.de/en/university-uas/institutions/international-office
You intend to stay and work in Germany? Or all around the world?
- Our RWU is located in the south of Germany, close to the Lake of Constance and one of the most beautiful tri-border and strongest economic regions in Europe. Our study programs are characterized by a high degree of practical, real-world orientation and a close cooperation with the global players around us, e.g. Airbus, Continental, MTU, Vetter and ZF.
- Mission: Realizing Potential. Shaping the Future. Our RWU is a nationally and internationally respected educational institution, a successful research university as well as a renowned partner for companies and other organizations. The high quality of our teaching, research and continuing education ensure that our graduates are well-respected and more qualified than the average. Our graduates can rely on a broad intercultural competence, are global in their thinking and ready to take on responsibility.
- The individual advice offered by our Career Service provides an excellent opportunity to get to know the latest job offers here in the region: https://www.rwu.de/en/university-uas/institutions/career-service and our progressive German Language Courses provided by our CLIC offer an easy way to build a profound basis in German: https://www.rwu.de/en/university-uas/institutions/clic-center-languages-and-intercultural-communication
You are looking for an economic and recreational attractive study place? Offering both national and international advantages?
- Our RWU can be found in one of Germany’s most beautiful landscapes and one of the most attractive vacation destinations. Weingarten is a great place to be, not only to study and work, but also to live. The region of Upper Swabia, close to the Lake of Constance offers a unique variety of cultural, recreational and sportive activities. Curious? Join our online Campus-Tour: https://www.rwu.de/media/3884
- Student life in and around Weingarten never gets boring. If you are interested in culture and festivals: e.g. the famous Rutenfest in Weingarten, the Welfenfest in Weingarten or the historic Carnival all over the region. Or if you are more interested in sports and nature: e.g. university sport, mountain biking or skiing in the Alps, excursions to one of the many wine yards nearby. For further information: https://www.rwu.de/en/study/student-life/weingarten-and-region In addition, if you are interested in joining one of our RWU Student Associations & Projects: e.g. Formula Student Team, Rover 2 Mars, Big Band, etc. take a look here: https://www.rwu.de/hochschule/einrichtungen
- We see diversity as an opportunity and actively support all members of our university regardless of gender, nationality, faith, creed, disability, age or sexual orientation. Our bilingual courses especially are attended by both German students and students from all over the world. Innovative concepts, direct and open communication and individualized support are the hallmarks of our university. Interested in our students' opinion? Interviews: https://www.rwu.de/en/studieren/beratung/darum-rwu#tab-4519
Why study Mechanical Engineering/ International Project Engineering at our RWU
Mechanical Engineering & Project Management? Elective modules, laboratories and practical work experience?
- Shape the future in the era of change by improving digital and developing innovative production systems. Our B. Eng. in Mechanical Engineering/ International Project Engineering (international variant) trains engineers who combine the knowledge of a traditional mechanical engineering study program with a forward-thinking project management, leading to a unique combination. With your B. Eng. you will deepen your knowledge of mechanical engineering, production technology and international project management, changing the world of production systems effectively.
- You will be part of the next generation engineers who will improve existing production systems with the latest kind of technologies, design new more effective production systems and who will advise international companies about the quality, efficiency and safety of their production plants. Our intensive supervision, numerous exercises in the laboratories, latest experiments and research projects in close cooperation with well-known global players, as well as the high focus on practical work, including a mandatory internship make our graduates a valuable asset for all national and international companies.
- Your B. Eng. will furthermore enable you to pursue either a M. Eng. or M. Sc. afterwards. For further information about the individual courses, take a look at the latest Study & Examination Regulations.